Friday 14 December 2012

Mistletoe Mistakes by Jocelyn Michel


BJ McCall interviews Jonah Fortune, hero of Jocelyn Michel's Mistletoe Mistakes...


Interview with Jonah Fortune

Interviewer: Tell me about your favorite Christmas.

Jonah: Just about every Christmas spent with my grandparents was my favorite.  They had this theory that people who had money should help people who didn't, especially during the holidays.  So every year they drove around town looking for ways to help--replacing a bad roof here, finding lodging for a homeless person there.  Stuff like that.  I always went with them, which means that early on I experienced the joy of giving.  I've continued the tradition as an adult because being one of Santa's helpers is kind of addicting.

Interviewer: What feature do you find most attractive in a woman?

Jonah: A giving spirit, a wicked sense of humor, smarts…and it doesn't hurt if they love sex as much as I do.

Interviewer: So beauty isn't everything?

Jonah: Beauty is nothing, which might sound odd from a guy who owns a national chain of family gyms. But my fitness programs and workout equipment are about good health, not buff bodies.  I'm just trying to get people off their couches.
Not that I don't appreciate a good-looking woman.  I'm a guy.  I do.  But inner beauty is what really gets me--that natural glow that manifests as a twinkle in her eye, a friendly smile, or even a blush.  Yeah, I'm a sucker for that girl-next-door stuff.

Interviewer: Tell me about your first love.

Jonah: My first real love was a girl named Mary Jo, or MJ as we all called her.  We met in the mountains one summer because some of our kin had neighboring cabins.  Being at an, um, experimental age sex-wise, we made the most of the sunshine, seclusion, and each other, which means we made love every way but upside down.  Actually…we may have tried that position, too.  To say she was memorable doesn't begin to go there.  Since I now live in one of those cabins, everything around me is a constant reminder of what we had.  I was one lucky guy.

Interviewer: Sounds like you still have feelings for MJ?

Jonah: Oh yeah.  And I'm telling you now that if we ever meet again and she's still available, I'm not letting her out of my sight.  Of course, the chances of that happening are slim and none.  I mean, she was perfect as a teenager. As a woman…well… she's bound to have stolen more than one guy's heart just the way she stole mine.  And I'm pretty sure nothing short of a miracle--no, a string of them--will ever get us together again. 
But hey, it's Christmas, time for that sort of thing.  So MJ, if you're out there and available, I'm still on our mountain in a cabin built for two with mistletoe nailed over all the doors.  Call me, or better yet, drop by.  Anytime. Day or night. I'll be waiting.


Commenters on all Changeling Press posts - including this one! - will be entered to win a past Changeling Christmas series! 

5 comments:

  1. A mountain cabin for two?? If MJ doesn't show up, I'll be your Christmas present :)

    ehaney578 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview...I think I would brave a mountain cabin, in the snow and cold and all too....hehe!!!

    Valerie
    in Germany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another volunteer here, although I'm not much for snow and cold... :)
    tessa.bamberg@kolumbus.fi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely interview.

    bn100candg(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, hope you'll get your second chance, Jonah! Thanks for the terrific interview, BJ!

    f dot chen at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete